Wednesday 28 September 2011

PRIORITY

Day in day out I wake up and go on with the daily hustles like everyone else,but why?
If I do not wake up,I will not dress,eat or sleep peacefully.I think we eat to live as much as we live to eat.As long as we get food the rest is secondary.The stomach is the prime motivator to work.Necessity is the best incentive to creativity.Urugari umaga na nda and utonga ni matigari ma nda are two Kikuyu proverbs that imply that the remnants from the food you eat is what you call riches.
What is the use of living in gold if you have nothing to eat?It is like dying of thirst in the ocean.
Worldwide there are millions of people dying of hunger.It is not because they are lazy.I am no better than them.I thank my creator for his undeserved kindness.He gives me life and more.What can I give back.What should I give back?
The greatest man who ever lived,Jesus Christ,asked:"of what use is a man to gain the world and lose his soul?"I met a man who asked me,"what are you reaching for,what is your priority in life?"
I always have answers for any question asked but I could not give an answer to this question that was asked.The man knew me like one would his son.He told me that by looking at me he could tell that I was losing focus of the most important things in life in my quest for riches.I did not argue but I realized I that I might not only have been letting down my creator but also other people who looked up to me.
I want to get on the right track to follow the right way.What I should be is what I want to be.This is about me.My priority is to be me.I do not how but I know I will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment