Tuesday 27 December 2011

CIARA(Part 1)

CIARA
I had got myself a new phone and had not transferred all the contacts from the old phone. When I received the message from an unknown number I was not surprised. The message was a single word, ”Hey!”.I sent a text back saying, ”please send me your name because I lost my phonebook.”The message that came back was also one word, ”CIARA.”My heart skipped a beat. This is one girl I had known for a while and we had kept correspondence though we never got to see each other face to face oftenly.
I called immediately and explained to the sweet soul on the other end why I didn’t have her number. I inquired how busy she was and she said she had just come home for recess and she had no plans. I suggested that I would like to host her for the weekend. When she agreed I thought she was joking and it dawned on me that she was serious when I met her in town that evening ready to take her home with me. If she would have looked keenly she would have noticed  that I kept pinching myself just to make sure I was not asleep and dreaming.
We bought food for supper and took it away with us. We got into a bus and headed home, to my bachelor pad.
On getting to the bachelor pad it was all ceremony. I welcomed her the way a butler would welcome a regular client who tips him handsomely. Hands outstretched and bowing to my knees I said, ”welcome home.”She gracefully acknowledged my invitation and she got into the pad. I only have two seats in my crib-a one-sitter and a two-sitter. When she chose to sit on the two-sitter I saw that as a welcome sign to sit beside her but I did not. I went to the kitchenette and brought utensils to use for the supper and sat on the other sit. Truth is I wanted to sit there and take in her whole beauty as we ate.
Our minds were clearly not on the food so we were done as soon as we had started. We were soon talking about relationships we both had been in in our lives. It was a baring of souls of some sorts. We talked of past relationships and finally got to our current status. When she inquired why I was not married at my age I gave several reasons among them the fact that I was still looking for the perfect match. She said she thought I chose not marry because, ”I loved drama!”I disagreed but she insisted that I should get someone to live with and if I was too busy she would get someone for me. I reiterated that I had no problem with her getting a girl for me as long as that girl was her. When she saw the seriousness in my eyes and heard it in my voice she asked me why I had never told her that for all the time I had known her. I told her it was because I had known she was in a relationship and had therefore chosen to hurt from the inside. When she started saying the relationship I had suspected had faded out I felt some flicker of hope but she added she was now dating someone else.
At that point I excused myself to go take a bath. I now felt fresh and asked her if she needed a bath too but she declined. It was then that I announced it was time to sleep. She asked for something to change into and I gave her one of my t-shirts. She proceeded to change right infront of me and as she did so I saw a set of twins pop out, firm and as erect as soldiers mounting a guard of honour ready for inspection. I felt like grabbing them and not letting go.I proceeded to the bed and she followed suit. I had changed the sheets to  clean white ones. She lay beside me and we talked. We talked of love and nothing else. We both lamented how sad it was that we were both in love with other people and it would be considered an act of betrayal  even to be found sharing a bed. We were in consensus not to do anything that would hurt the other parties if they ever came to know. I pointed out that I was greatly tempted to kiss her good night but if I did then it would be hard for me to stop. We therefore bade each other good night, verbally. I put off the lights and one of the most torturous nights I have ever had had just began.

No comments:

Post a Comment