Wednesday 30 March 2011

ILLICIT

Danger attracts.It does not repel.She is as attractive as danger itself.Maybe if we had met earlier and in different circumstances things would be different.Now I have to run,from her.

The faster I run,the faster she pursues.
Nothing would be as sweet as giving in and yielding to the chase.The thrill is in the chase but if I allow myself to be caught,I will be done.I will be cast aside just like the few before me.I will be another feather to her cap.Cast aside like trash.
A friend of mine said,the average woman would rather have beauty than brains because the average man sees better than he can think.She is beautiful but I would rather have brains than beauty,any time.
What she is offering is in plenty elsewhere.She professes love but my love belongs somewhere else.
Whenever I catch myself thinking about her I hate myself for it.What she has never known is that the right person for me has always been with me.I cannot forsake my love for an admirer.In my heart the pursuer is persona non grata.As another of my friends say,"I'd give you the keys to my heart but I'd have to change the locks."
See,I have wise friends but this pursuer just happens to be the rotten apple.She is sold property,marked territory.If it was otherwise I would trespass with pleasure but she is not worth the risk.
I like her but it will never amount to love.To me she is an illegal brew.ILLICIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment